Friday, October 26, 2007

I'm Back!!

Hello all my dear friends!! I haven't posted something new for a while, but I promise you that I will try to write something at least twice a week!!

First of all, I think it would be fun to tell you what I am doing now (hope you all are interested). I passed the entrance exam in June, and I am studying in graduate school right now. I major in linguistics now and I think I will focus on syntax, including a bit morphology and semantics, for my master thesis. Does it sound like Martian? Well...I know it's not as popular as IE or genetic something, but it is still a lot of fun to work on it.

Also, I am thinking about going abroad for PhD. So this is something I also focus on at the same time.

I intended to introduce Taiwan on this blog. However, it seems that I won't have much time to take pictures about Taiwan. As a result, I think I will write something about myself as well as Taiwan from time to time. Well...if it sounds boring for you, I am sorry!!

I will just stop here. And please let me know if you have any comment. I would be appreciate much.

6 comments:

Scott said...

You major in linguistics! You are really brilliant. I am a sophomore major in English literature in night division. Wish you earn your degree smoothly , and I earn all my credits as well. Lol.

Iris said...

Hi Scott, thanks for your dropping by as well as your encouragement. :) I believe you can also achieve your goal too!!! GO! GO! GO!

Anonymous said...

Iris, welcome back. It's nice to know that you are pursuing your master degree in linguistics. I wish you luck. What country are you going to go for PhD? US?

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Iris! Good to hear from you again, and it was very nice of you to add and update me on Twitter. :)

Congrats on passing the entrance exam [I didn't know about it], and congrats on the new study program! :)

Yes, it does sound a bit like Martian, but that's ok; I think Mars is a cool planet, so speaking a Martian language is cool. Where are you thinking/hoping of going for your phd?

This isn't boring; it's nice to read something about Taiwan and yourself. Good luck, and like I said, good to hear from you again. :)

Iris said...

Dear beni,
Thanks for leaving comment. I will go very hard for my master degree. :) And yes, I am think about going to the US if I decide to study abroad.

Iris said...

Dear bes,
It's fun to read what friends are doing, isn't it? :p

haha~ I think Mars is cool, too. Thanks for that. If I decide to study abroad, I will go to the US. There are several school famous for its linguistic program. If I decide to stay in Taiwan, that means I get offer from the best linguistic institute. So it still depends. :)

Welcome to come back to my blog. I am glad all my friends are still here. I really appreciate for it. :)

Iris